POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : req:iconview for the next POV-Ray : Re: iconview for the next POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iconview for the next POV-Ray
From: Ron Parker
Date: 25 Jan 1999 12:50:49
Message: <36acaef9.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:41:51 -0600, Thorsten Froehlich
	<fro### [at] charliecnsiitedu> wrote:
>In article <36acac1f.0@news.povray.org> , "Thorsten Froehlich"
><fro### [at] charliecnsiitedu> wrote:

>> It should now post
>> in Western European ISO encoding again...
>
>Great, now it is in US-ASCII also I set this *no*where!!!?

The relevant RFC (2046?) specifies that the user agent should use
the "least common denominator" for the text being sent, so it's
possible that it will use US-ASCII unless you specifically include
something that is not representable in 7 bits.  See, for example,
the headers on this post and the headers on my recent posts in the
DBCS thread, which contain 8-bit characters.  Same newsreader,
same settings, different charsets.